Pages

Monday 19 October 2015

Upcycling Old Clothes!

I wish I'd been more organised, but the part of my sensible brain that was telling me to take a photo of the finished items forgot to tell me to take some photos of the creative journey along the way! (Major face palm)

The reason I'm telling you this is because I have been a fan of upcycling for a while and just recently I took one of Mr WW's jumpers as he was having a sort out and declared "don't throw that away; that would make a good cushion"!  

The same was said to little Miss WW when she grew out of her dressing gown! (Can you see a pattern forming here?)

So over a year later, I finally sat down one afternoon and started cutting out squares from Mr WW's old jumper and turned it into a cushion!  I should have taken photos to show you how it was done but sensible head was not engaged as I happily went about cutting and sewing! 

So here it is!  The front...
And then the back!   The buttons came from an old jumper of mine so it felt good to re-use them!
I also did the same with little Miss WW dressing gown!
Such a satisfying project to complete using old clothes to make something new!

Next time I will take more photo's of the process so there is more of a tutorial!

Happy Stitching/Sewing/Crafting

X

No comments:

Post a Comment