As previously mentioned in my "Project of many firsts" blog I have been tackling a project that has tested my new found sewing skills to the limit. I have to confess though I did cheat a little... I didn't add the piping as planned (I don't have the right 'foot' for my sewing machine - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :) ) nor did I add a zip as I found the whole prospect a bit daunting! I did add a plain envelope backing which was just as effective and perfect for just whipping off when needed for a clean which is a first for me (the envelope backing not the cleaning! :) ).
Now, the cushions are finally finished and I really love them as they contain a small snapshot of my children's hand prints at this point in their lives! The only thing left to do now is to work out where to put them in the house!