Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Knitted Patchwork Blanket

Happy New Year!!

Well the festive season went by in a whirl and it was extra busy in our household due to Mr WonkyWitch's 40th birthday and baby WonkyWitch turning 2!  During this time I'd hoped to make a few gifts for friends and family but only managed to complete one big project!

As mentioned in my previous blog I have fallen in love with knitting and decided to make my mum a patchwork blanket for Christmas.  I'm an experienced stitcher and can usually gauge how long a project will take but underestimated how long it would take to knit this blanket.  So for nearly 2 months, whilst the children were sleeping and the house finally tidied; the witching hour would be upon us and the knitting would  commence... and finally; I managed to finish it!  My mum absolutely loved it! (Yay!)
Knitted Patchwork Blanket
Did anyone make any crafty new year's resolutions?

My new year's resolution was to start (and finish) some of the Christmas gifts that I'd planned to make last Christmas earlier on in the year and another was to learn to crochet..... but more on that another time! :)

Happy Stitching

Zoe
Wonky Witch Needlecraft

Update:  I've been asked a few times where the pattern is from and it's the baby blanket from a book called "Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson".


6 comments:

  1. What is not to love that is a fantastic blanket and in such wonderful girlie colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I'm so glad you like it and I loved the colours too... :) x

      Delete
    2. I am making a baby knit patchwork blanket. Yours is beautiful. I would like to ask how you joined these squares. I have seen many techniques, but like yours the best.
      Brenda

      Delete
  2. Many thanks Brenda - so glad you like the blanket. I knitted the blanket in strips (8 squares per strip) then lay each strip side by side on a flat surface. I then used a ladder stitch to join them.
    Hope that helps and good luck with your baby blanket.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello just quick question where did you get the pattern from? i've looked for one to make as good as this and couldn't find one anywhere. its very impressive - well done!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amy and many thanks! :) I got the pattern from a book called "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Minute-Knitted-Gifts-Joelle-Hoverson/dp/1584793678/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392567204&sr=1-1&keywords=last+minute+knitted+gifts Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete