Pages

Friday 16 November 2012

Christmas Knitting / Cross Stitch Cheer!

Well I guess now that Halloween and Bonfire night are officially over it's time to start thinking about Christmas!!!  Yes, I know we're still in November but it's creeping up scarily fast!  I don't know if you're anything like me but I earmark lots of things I intend to make for friends and family and usually only get round to making 1 (if I'm lucky!!!!)..... note to self....must be more organised next year!!!


Knitted Patchwork Blanket
Where am I going with this?..... Well, this year I have fallen in love with knitting!  My lovely mum taught me to knit when I was a lot younger but I never really appreciated it as a craft and an art form until now and now I'm officially hooked! When I told my mum I'd taken up knitting again she gave me some of the wool from her substantial wool stash to get started with and I've decided that I'm going to knit her a blanket with it for Christmas.  Of course...now I've started it; I've realised what an undertaking it is and that the rest of the sewing and cross stitch projects that I have planned are going to have to take a back seat for the moment.  Still; it's a nice feeling to be able to make something practical for my mum with wool which I know she chose and loves!  Hopefully she'll like it... and hopefully she won't be reading this blog!!!! :)

As seen in CrossStitcher - Funky Stocking
Speaking of making things for Christmas; CrossStitcher have got some lovely cross stitch projects in this month's issue.  I'm particularly loving the festive bunting cards and the funky festive stocking.  I'm really loving the re-vamped CrossStitcher magazine and spend far too much time deciding on which projects to sew!  If you haven't read one for a while I'd recommend picking up a copy as the projects each month are lovely and there's always something lovely to stitch.

'Red The Reindeer' - Greetings





Last but by no means least; we have a new fun and festive range of  "Red the Reindeer" Christmas cross stitch kit cards by "The Bold Sheep" in stock.  Why not stop by our website and take a look at the full range.....I really hope you love them as much as I do!!! :)

 Christmas is often a busy time of year but I also think that this is the time when the crafty among us come into our own.  Hope that you get to enjoy some knitting /sewing /stitching during the festive season.

Best Festive Wishes

Zoe











No comments:

Post a Comment