Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

A Project Of Many "Firsts"!

A lovely friend bought me a rather fabulous and very much welcome fabric bundle as a Christmas present this year.  I spent a lot of time pondering what to make with it as I'm so used to making things for others that it took me a while to finally settle on something to make for myself.  

At first I was going to make an apron and then decided to tackle a different type of project; patchwork cushions!!  I've never attempted patchwork before and in hindsight can see there is a little bit of skill involved with lining up all the squares but once I'd decided on the fabric order of the patches it all came together really quickly.  
I also decided to try and incorporate my children's hand prints into the centre of each cushion I'm making (I have a baby boy and a 3 year old girl) and this was my first attempt at applique!!  Again, there is a little bit of patience and skill involved in machine applique but once I got the hang of it on the sewing machine, it all came together quickly - even if it is a little wobbly in places!


Now I need to finish the cushions off and my next "first" will be attempting to add a zip!!!  If anyone has any tips on zips they would be gratefully received!

I'm hoping I'll be able to show you the finished results fairly soon so stay tuned!



Happy Stitching
x

1 comment: